Friday 12 October 2012

Helsinki tule mut hakemaan

I think it was one of my exchange student friends who suggested that I should write some blog-entries in English aswell. As I've been in Denmark, I've mostly thought of my friends and relatives in Finland when writing this blog. It has also served as a good reason to keep writing in my both mother tongues. Now, as I'm heading to Finland for a ten days of autumn holidays, writing in English suddenly seemed a good idea. (Min dansk er endnu ikke god nok for at skrive et helt blogindlæg, så det får I desvaerre vente med!)

Breath-taking views from the ferry driving between Jylland and Sjaelland.



It's only 7 weeks since I left Finland, but it seems like ages ago. Although I feel like I've only gotten started with my exchange year, I really don't remember how my everyday life in Finland felt like. So I guess I've started to get settled in Århus! I still keep learning to know new people, struggling with new Danish words and realizing new, essential things about my studies – but I've also gained so much. And I'm very much looking forward to what the next eight months are going to be!

However, these next ten days will be about people and life in Helsinki. And I'll write especially for you, my new and lovely international friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment